Hospital Foundation Awards Scholarships to Area Students
Saint Michael’s Foundation has awarded $9,000 in scholarships to area students pursuing careers in health care.
Stephanie Winske, attending UW-Madison studying pharmacology, received the Richard A. Eckberg Memorial Scholarship. Dr. Eckberg was a highly respected physician and teacher at Ministry Medical Group (then known as Rice Medical Center) who greatly valued education. The Eckberg Scholarship Fund, established by his family, recognizes academic achievement and a strong dedication to health care.
Laticia Baudhuin, attending UW-Stevens Point for dietetics, received the Robert Weaver Memorial Scholarship. Dr. Robert Weaver was a well-regarded professor of biochemistry at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. Dr. Weaver passed away in February 2008 after a lengthy illness that required him to receive daily treatments at Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital. Established by Dr. Weaver’s family, the scholarship honors Dr. Weaver’s commitment to higher education and supports staff at Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital.
Sara Koback, attending UW-Eau Claire for nursing, received the Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital Medical Staff Scholarship.
Saint Michael’s Foundation Post Secondary Scholarships were awarded to:
- Travis Cooper – Attending Rosalind Franklin University pathology assistant program
- Gavin Schaberg – Attending UW-Madison physician assistant program
- Marie Wroblewski – Attending UW-Eau Claire nursing program
- Trina Firkus-Yenter – Attending Mid-State Technical College nursing program
Saint Michael’s Foundation Employee Scholarships were awarded to:
- Amber Alekna – Attending UW-Oshkosh nursing program
- Janet Jeske – Attending Mid-State Technical College nursing program
Scholarship applications for the 2010-2011 school year will be available in December 2010. For more information or to receive a scholarship application, call 715-346-5349.