Ministry Excel Program Offers Performance Camp for Athletes
The Excel Program offered through Ministry Health Care’s Point Sport Medicine Center is slated hold an eight week intensive Performance Camp for athletes grades 1-5 and grades 6 – 12. Camp held Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 14 – August 5, at the Stevens Point Area YMCA.
The camp focuses on improving athletic enhancement and performance for all sports. Instructed by performance enhancement specialist and licensed athletic trainer, Traci Smet, the camp incorporates strengthening and power as well as agility, flexibility, coordination, speed, conditioning, and sport-specific exercises.
Camp schedules and fees:
Grades 6-12, 2:30 – 4 pm, Cost: Non-YMCA Member $240, YMCA Member $190
Grade 1-5, 4 – 5 pm, Cost: Non-YMCA Member $160, YMCA Member $110
Average Camp results:
- Vertical jump: Increased 2.3928 inches
- Agility (T-test): Decreased 0.6226 seconds
- Upper body strength (Bench press): Increased 12.01 pounds
- Lower body strength (Back squat): Increased 39.78 pounds
- Speed (40 yd sprint): Decreased 0.04207 seconds
- Cardiovascular endurance (Line drill): Decreased 2.394 seconds
Registration deadline is June 14. For more information or to register, contact Traci Smet, ATC, LAT, CSCS at 715.346.5416.