Saint Michael’s Foundation
What if someone you love was a victim of Sexual Assault?
The facts about sexual assault in Portage County are heartbreaking – in the past 24 months, the age of people seeking treatment for a sexual assault at Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital ranged from 3 to nearly 50 years-old.
Sexual assault is a traumatic crime that requires a compassionate and comprehensive response from law enforcement and health care providers.
The Sexual Assault Nurse program (SANE) at Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital provides sexual assault victims with compassionate care that helps the healing process begin. A SANE nurse is a trained expert whose priority is to stabilize the patient, gather forensic evidence and provide victims with resources for follow-up care and counseling.
Saint Michael’s Foundation asks you to join us in raising $40,000 to help fund the SANE program. Your gift provides:
- SANE care in the Emergency Department 24/7
- Specialized training and continuing education for SANE nurses
- Guidance for victims for follow-up care, legal procedures and counseling
- Collaboration with law enforcement to gather evidence and improve the investigation process
- Education at local college campuses
- Most importantly, a critical safety net for local victims in crisis
Saint Michael’s Foundation is proud to support the SANE program. We ask you to join us in supporting the program with a tax-deductible gift.
Give now to ensure that no victim of sexual assault in Portage County ever feels alone.
After all, if someone you love was a victim of Sexual Assault, wouldn’t you want a SANE Nurse by their side?