History of Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital
Founded in 1893 by the Order of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother, Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital provides an integrated continuum of primary and secondary health care services to Oneida, Vilas, Forest and Lincoln Counties. In 1981 it merged with its sister facility, Ministry Sacred Heart Hospital in Tomahawk, and Ministry Sacred Heart-Saint Mary's Hospitals, Inc., was established.
On its current site, Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital shares a campus with Ministry Medical Group - Rhinelander, a part of the physician-based Ministry Medical Group. Ministry Medical Group - Rhinelander is a multi-specialty clinic with more than 55 physicians. The Rhinelander-based facility has satellite clinics in Crandon, Eagle River, Laona, Three Lakes, Tomahawk and Woodruff.
As part of the Ministry Health Care system, Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital provides personal, holistic medical care with access to the latest in health care technology.