This two-day class held on Tuesday and Thursday in the same week during the summer months provides the same information as the “all-in-one” class. Expectant mothers and their support persons will learn about labor, birth and the many techniques that are available to manage labor. Topics include:
• Anatomy and physiology of labor and birth, including emotional and physical changes that occur
• In-depth instruction and practice of breathing, relaxation and positioning techniques to assist you during labor (natural options)
• Your support person’s role as an active participant
• Possible variations that may occur during labor and delivery, including Cesarean birth
• Comfort measures that you may utilize to include information on pain medicine and epidurals
• Hospital procedures and information
• A tour of the Birth Center
Each couple is asked to bring two pillows and a small blanket to class. You may also want to bring your own drink such as water. It is recommended that this class be taken in the third trimester of pregnancy. Class size is limited and pre-registration is required. Register online or call 715.387.7011.
LABOR COPING IS INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE; THERE IS NO NEED TO SIGN UP FOR THE LABOR COPING CLASS IN ADDITION TO THIS ONE.