Childbirth Education 1-Day Class
The date of this event has passed. Please return to the Health Connection Calendar of Events for more information about upcoming support group meetings, classes and additional health education programs in your community.
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital
Saint Joseph's Hospital Conference Rooms
An "all-in-one" class where expectant mothers and their support partners will gather skills, confidence and knowledge of the birthing process enabling you to make informed choices for a positive birth experience. Topics include:
• Anatomy and physiology of labor and birth, including emotional and physical changes that occur
• In-depth instruction and practice of breathing, relaxation and positioning techniques to assist you during labor (natural options)
• Your support person’s role as an active participant
• Possible variations that may occur during labor and delivery, including Cesarean birth
• Comfort measures that you may utilize to include information on pain medicine and epidurals
• Hospital procedures and information
• A tour of the Birth Center
Each couple is asked to bring two pillows and a small blanket to class. You may also bring your own snack or drink. It is recommended that this class be taken in the third trimester of pregnancy. Class size is limited and pre-registration is required. Register online or call 715.387.7011.
LABOR COPING IS INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE; THERE IS NO NEED TO SIGN UP FOR THE LABOR COPING CLASS IN ADDITION TO THIS ONE.
| || ||